Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scott Berkey - Children's Pastor

I was driving home from church the other day when my wife and I got to experience something pretty cool. Madeline, our 4 year old, loves music (she is always saying “turn it up daddy”) and she is starting to learn how to listen to the words of the songs that are on. She likes to sing along (remembering as many of the words to the song that her 4 year old mind can). We were listening to a song from the Passion CD “God of this City.

The song was “Hosanna”, and I was almost brought to tears listening to my baby girl sing “ Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highest”. I am pretty sure that she didn’t know what exactly she was singing, all she knew was that she was singing a praise song to her really big God. I went back and listened to the song one more time a little later, one of the verses jumped out at me. It said “I see a generation, rising up to take their place with selfless faith”. I couldn’t help but think of my little girls and all the children of Hope Fellowship rising up to take their place and do great things for the Kingdom of God.


Sarah and I are so blessed to be a part of the family of Hope Fellowship. Please join us and our entire kid’s ministry team as we pray for and raise up a “generation” that will soon “take their place” to do incredible things for God!

Scott Berkey
Children's Pastor

1 comment:

Kim Ross said...

Hi Scott, I love the picture of Madeline. I miss you all very much. I remember singing along with my children when they learned the words to the songs. It brought tears to my eyes every time. I pray for the Children's Ministry daily. I will pray that God blesses your family and all the wonderful people involved in the Children's ministry with all that is needed to teach the children of Hope to rise up to "take thier place with selfless faith" in the service of our Lord!